Endpoint security, also referred to as endpoint protection, plays a vital role in securing individual devices like laptops, desktops, mobile phones, and servers that connect to an organisation’s network. These devices, known as endpoints, serve as critical entry points for cyber threats, making endpoint security essential to safeguard against malware, ransomware, viruses, phishing attacks, data breaches, and unauthorised access.
WatchGuard Endpoint Security offers a comprehensive solution dedicated to shielding endpoint devices from diverse cyber threats, including laptops, desktops, and mobile devices. As a fundamental aspect of a broader network security strategy, WatchGuard ensures that these endpoints are fortified to defend against attackers seeking to breach networks and compromise sensitive information.
Key Features of WatchGuard Endpoint Security
- Endpoint Protection: WatchGuard provides advanced protection against a wide range of threats, including malware, ransomware, viruses, and other malicious software. It employs signature-based detection, behaviour-based analysis, and machine learning algorithms to identify and block known and unknown threats.
- Web Filtering: To prevent users from accessing malicious or inappropriate websites, WatchGuard Endpoint Security includes web filtering capabilities. This feature helps enforce acceptable use policies and provides an additional layer of defence against web-based threats.
- Application Control: WatchGuard allows administrators to manage the applications running on endpoint devices. They can enforce policies to block or allow specific applications based on business requirements and security concerns.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): DLP features in WatchGuard Endpoint Security help prevent sensitive data from leaving the organisation’s network. It can detect and block data transfers through various channels, such as email, USB drives, cloud storage services, and web applications.
- Full Disk Encryption: To protect data stored on endpoints from unauthorised access, WatchGuard supports full disk encryption. This ensures that if a device is lost or stolen, the data remains encrypted and inaccessible to unauthorized users.
- Device and Patch Management: The solution enables IT administrators to manage and control endpoint devices efficiently. They can enforce security policies, track device status, and remotely deploy software updates and patches to ensure endpoints are up-to-date and secure.
- Centralised Management: WatchGuard Endpoint Security is typically managed through a central console, allowing administrators to oversee and configure security settings across all endpoints from a single interface. This simplifies security management and enhances visibility into the security status of each device.
- Real-time Monitoring and Reporting: The platform provides real-time monitoring and reporting on the security status of endpoints. Administrators can quickly identify potential threats, track security incidents, and generate detailed reports for compliance and auditing purposes.
Featured WatchGuard Endpoint Security Products
WatchGuard DNSWatchGO is an endpoint security solution that offers DNS-level protection for remote users. As more employees work outside the traditional corporate network, DNSWatchGO keeps businesses safe from phishing, ransomware, and other threats, even without requiring a VPN. It proactively identifies and blocks DNS requests to malicious content, preventing risky clicks from turning into major security incidents.
The solution also provides off-network visibility and control over web activity, allowing administrators to enforce content policies and restrict access to certain websites. Moreover, DNSWatchGO offers phishing protection and education, redirecting users to interactive videos when they encounter phishing attempts to raise awareness and reduce future risks. Being a low TCO cloud service with a lightweight client, DNSWatchGO is easy to deploy, manage, and provides cost-effective endpoint security for organisations with a mobile workforce.
WatchGuard offers a comprehensive endpoint security solution with their EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) products, which respond to both known and unknown threats. While traditional antivirus and endpoint protection platforms are essential for detecting known threats, WatchGuard EDR enhances security by continuously monitoring endpoints to spot advanced attacks, including APTs, exploits, and fileless attacks. By adding WatchGuard EDR to existing antivirus deployments, organisations can fill the gaps and achieve more robust endpoint security.
WatchGuard EDR provides powerful protection against zero-day attacks, ransomware, cryptojacking, and other targeted threats using advanced machine-learning and deep-learning AI models. It offers complete visibility into endpoints and servers, identifying malicious activities that might bypass traditional antivirus solutions. The solution’s Zero Trust Application Service classifies processes as either malware or trusted, allowing only trusted processes to execute on each endpoint. This enables continuous monitoring, detection, and classification of all activity to identify and block anomalous behaviours.
Moreover, WatchGuard EDR comes with the Threat Hunting Service, where cyber security experts provide insights to help customers detect and respond to the latest attacks more efficiently. The analysts investigate suspicious activity, identify evasion and compromise techniques, and create new rules to rapidly protect endpoints against new attacks. Additionally, they proactively search for patterns of anomalous behaviour not previously identified on the network and offer recommendations to mitigate ongoing attacks and reduce the potential impact of future attacks.
WatchGuard EPP is an advanced endpoint protection platform that surpasses traditional antivirus by using a comprehensive set of security techniques to defend against malware, ransomware, and phishing. It leverages behavioural heuristics and contextual rules to detect zero-day exploits and unknown threats, providing strong endpoint security. The solution is designed for organisations with diverse endpoint platforms, supporting Windows, macOS, Linux, virtualisation systems, Android smartphones, and tablets. Managed through WatchGuard Cloud, it provides centralised security management, streamlining operations without compromising endpoint performance. With WatchGuard EPP, businesses can consolidate security measures and ensure strong endpoint protection across their network.
WatchGuard EPDR is a comprehensive endpoint security solution that combines Endpoint Protection (EPP) and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) capabilities. It offers protection against a wide range of advanced threats, including APTs, zero-day malware, ransomware, phishing, rootkits, and malware-less attacks. The solution automates prevention, detection, containment, and response actions, making it easy to manage and deploy for maximum security.
With the Zero-Trust Application Service, EPDR classifies processes as either malware or trusted, enabling a default-deny posture. An AI system automatically classifies 99.98% of running processes, while cyber security experts manually classify the rest, achieving 100% classification without false positives or negatives.
EPDR users benefit from the Threat Hunting Service, where cyber security experts analyse suspicious activity and investigate attack indicators to identify evasion techniques. They proactively search for anomalous behaviour and deliver new rules to endpoints for rapid protection against emerging threats. EPDR is managed through WatchGuard Cloud, offering a unified view of the WatchGuard Unified Security Platform, delivering seamless management, visibility, and scalability to security deployments.
Why WatchGuard Stands Out Among the Rest
WatchGuard stands out as the preferred choice among endpoint security solutions for several reasons. As endpoint security plays a vital role in protecting devices connected to an organisation’s network, WatchGuard Endpoint Security offers a comprehensive and dedicated solution to shield endpoints, including laptops, desktops, and mobile devices, from diverse cyber threats. It ensures these critical entry points are fortified to defend against attackers seeking to breach networks and compromise sensitive information, making it an essential aspect of a broader network security strategy.
The platform’s device and patch management capabilities enable efficient control and monitoring of endpoint devices, while centralised management through the WatchGuard Cloud simplifies security management and enhances visibility. Real-time monitoring and reporting offer quick identification of potential threats, and detailed reports aid compliance and auditing.
In conclusion, WatchGuard’s comprehensive approach, advanced features, centralised management, and expert-driven services set it apart as a reliable and effective choice for organisations seeking robust and proactive endpoint security. The integration of various features and services into one seamless platform ensures maximum protection for endpoints, safeguarding sensitive data and enhancing overall security posture.